My Social Housing
Proof of ID


List A (Group 1): Acceptable single documents which show an unlimited right to rent

  • UK passport
  • Biometric Residence Permit with unlimited leave
  • EEA/Swiss national passport/identity card
  • Passport or travel document endorsed with unlimited leave
  • Registration Certificate or document certifying permanent residence of EEA/Swiss national
  • UK immigration status document endorsed with unlimited leave
    EEA/Swiss family member Permanent Residence card
  • A certificate of naturalisation or registration as a British citizen

List A (Group 2): Acceptable document combinations which show an unlimited right to rent

(any 2 of the below to be shown in combination)

  • UK birth or adoption certificate
  • A letter from National Offender Management Service
  • A letter of attestation from an employer
  • Criminal Record Check
  • Full or provisional UK driving license
  • Evidence of current or previous service in UK armed forces
  • A letter from a UK further or higher education institution
  • A letter from HM Prison Service
  • A letter from a police force confirming that certain documents have been reported stolen
  • A letter of attestation from a UK passport holder working in an acceptable profession
  • A letter from a UK Government Department or Local Authority
  • A letter from a private rented sector access scheme
    Benefits paperwork

List B: Documents which show a time-limited right to rent

  • A valid passport endorsed with a time-limited period
  • Biometric immigration document with permission to stay for time-limited period
  • Non-EEA national residence card
  • UK immigration status document with a time- limited endorsement from Home Office